New service for our guests: Thanks to SuitePad, every one of our rooms now has a tablet free for our guests to use. You can not only surf the ‘net…find out more
Your hotel in Vienna - The Capri, central and very easily accessible
best location, young, urban and cozy – hotel the capri in vienna
Experience Viennese tales
Welcome to the Capri, your Viennese Hotel! Discover Vienna from its most interesting sides with us – each floor and every room tells you a different Viennese tale.
Experience the city
As a privately run hotel, personal service is especially important to us. We want you to get the most out your stay in Vienna, and so we’re here for you around the clock.
The Capri is centrally located between Stephansplatz and Prater. You can reach all of the famous attractions (e.g. St Stephen’s Cathedral or the giant Ferris wheel) and important business addresses (e.g. the Vienna International Center, the UN, the Messe Wien) in a few minutes on foot, or conveniently with the underground – right from our doorstep.
We know our guests like a hot breakfast – that’s why we serve a range of egg dishes at our breakfast buffet. But we do more!find out more
Thanks to all the great reviews from our guests, we’ve been awarded the Certificate of Excellence by Tripadvisor for the fifth year running. We are really proud :-)find out more
Rooms & Facilities
Check in and feel good!
With plenty of space for you – at least 25 square metres – and its modern and harmonious design, each room will tell you its own particular story of Vienna.
Make yourself at home in your room, relax on the the comfortable lounge furniture or on your private balcony, or take a soothing bath. Together with our friendly and personal service, it makes for a great way to give yourself a treat in Vienna!
- book directly: guaranteed best value for money!
- room size at least 25 square meters
- air – conditioned
- Suite Pad (free tablet for use in every room)
- WiFi with fast Internet included
- complimentary tea and coffee in your room
- large desk
- Safe to fit 17” laptop
- comfortable lounge setting
- HD-TV with over 100 channels in many languages
- a little fridge in every room
- many rooms with balcony
- city view or courtyard – your choice!
- unique viennese buffet breakfast with local specialities
- 24-hours reception
- 24-hours bar service
- good pets welcome (Cleaning surcharge € 11,50- per night)
bookable at reception upon availability and on request:
- parking area in the courtyard: € 18,- per day
- Early Check-In: € 20,-
- Late Check-Out: until 3 pm. € 20,- / until 6 pm. € 50,-
Lively tree-lined street side, 25m² – 33m², double bed or twin bed, air-conditioned
Quiet courtyard side, 25m² – 28m², double bed or twin bed, air – conditioned
Quiet courtyard side, premium facilities, 28m² with balcony, fridge, kingsize bed, air – conditioned
Lively tree-lined street side, 33m², 1 room for up to 4 persons, comfortable basic facilities, fridge, large bathroom, kingsize bed & sofa-beds, air-conditioned
Quiet courtyard side, 52m², 2 bedrooms for 4 persons, balcony, comfortable living area, fridge, large bathroom, kingsize bed & 2 single beds, air-conditioned
We love breakfast and we can confidently claim that at Das Capri you’ll enjoy the most Viennese breakfast in the city – regional ingredients, many of them organically grown, with an emphasis on artisanal local producers.
You can count on fresh, crisp bread rolls from the local baker, homemade jam from the farmers’ market, delicious Austrian cheese, our aromatic jelly flavoured with Viennese Gemischter Satz wine, and of course fluffy Kaiserschmarrn.
Gluten and lactose-free:
Gluten-free bread and rolls are available, along with soy milk and soya yoghurt.
Viennese breakfast buffet opening hours:
Every day from 7–10 AM.
We look forward to serving you our Viennese breakfast!
Location & Directions
The Capri is located on the outskirts of Vienna’s old town between St. Stephens Cathedral and Prater in Vienna’s 2nd district, Leopoldstadt, on tree-lined Praterstrasse.
The underground station “Nestroyplatz” (U1) is right outside the front door. You can stroll to Stephansplatz, the Prater and the Ring in a few minutes, or take the underground if you’re really in a hurry.
The United Nations headquarters and the Messe Wien exhibition centre are only 10 minutes away by underground. Cyclists can take advantage of the cycle path and the “Citybike” station right outside the hotel.
- Highway A22 exit Reichsbrücke – in the direction of “Zentrum” (city centre) – u-turn at Nestroyplatz/Praterstraße ‒ back into Praterstraße (journey time under normal traffic conditions: 5 minutes)
from the airport
- Train (Schnellbahn) S7: S7 to Praterstern – Underground U1 to Nestroyplatz and take the elevator up. (Journey time: 38 minutes; departures between 4.53am and 12.17am about every 30 minutes)
- CAT – City Airport Train: CAT to Landstrasse – Underground U4 to Schwedenplatz – Underground U1 to Nestroyplatz and take the elevator up. (Journey time: 30 minutes; departures between 6am and 11.30pm every 30 minutes)
- Vienna Airport Lines bus 1185 – Bus to Schwedenplatz – Underground U1 to Nestroyplatz and take the elevator up. (Journey time under normal traffic conditions: 25 minutes; Departures 1.20am, 2.50am, 4.50am, and then every 30 minutes until 12.20am)
- Taxi: with booking. (Journey time under normal traffic conditions: 30 minutes)
- From the Westbahnhof (west station): Underground U3 to Stephansplatz – Underground U1 to Nestroyplatz and take the elevator up. (Journey time: 15 minutes)
- From the Hauptbahnhof (main station): Underground U1 to Nestroyplatz and take the elevator up. (Journey time: 10 minutes)
- From Praterstern: Underground U1 to Nestroyplatz and take the elevator up. (Journey time: 4 minutes)
- From the Donauradweg (Danube cycle path) over the Reichsbrücke bridge in the direction of Prater(stern) and into Praterstrasse. (Journey time: 20 minutes)
Parking in our courtyard – for only € 18,- a night
Your car will have an inexpensive resting place in our hotel parking area at only € 18,- per night. The area around the Capri is a paid short-stay parking zone with a maximum stay of 2 hours. Parking stations in the vicinity charge from € 2,- per hour.
Your bicycle will be safe and secure in our own garage.
Das Capri - Gift Vouchers
Let someone you love discover Vienna and its stories, whether it’s the Kaiser, culinary delights or cultural highlights they’re interested in. The Capri gift voucher, in seven different designs, gives them a home in Vienna and the perfect base for exploring the city.find out more
We’ve brought Vienna’s best stories to the hotel for you: on each of our seven floors we show you a different side of Vienna, and in every room you’ll find one of the city’s many tales.
When you take a walk up our staircase you’ll discover some of our favourite places – for example, the Gloriette at Schönbrunn Castle, where our Hotelmanager likes to recharge his energies and indulge in the beautiful surrounding. And because Vienna is the perfect city for those who like to indulge themselves, our breakfast buffet serves more tales of Vienna in the form of delicious locally produced specialities – there’s no better way to start a day in our city!
Das Capri in pictures
Impressions from the hotel. Click here for the gallery.
For over 20 years the Pastuszyn family have been making sure that visitors to Vienna have a home at the Capri. In the 1990s Annelie and Jacek Pastuszyn took over
the Capri as a modest pension and turned it into a city hotel. For several years now their son Georg has been guiding the fortunes of the hotel. Numerous awards as a TopHotel, top rankings on the hotel review sites, and our many regular guests are proof of the success of his philosophy of individuality and high quality.
The Capri team
More than 20 people both in front of and behind the scenes work around the clock with us at the Capri so that you can enjoy your stay in Vienna to the fullest. Some have been with us for a long time and other friendly new faces are regularly joining us, and all of them put all their efforts into making you feel at home! And it’s even more satisfying when our commitment and service are praised – thanks! That’s the best motivation!
We’re looking forward to seeing you,
Your Capri team